Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was born in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City she was the daughter of Lydia Perez and Ismael Serrano, a merchant marine. She is Puerto Rican. Rosie went to Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood, Queens, New York as well as later, she enrolled at Los Angeles City College in Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez, who was in her second year of college was about to move to New York. She was invited to a moving-away party by her friends. Spike Lee offered her a part in his film Do the Right Thing (1989). She agreed. It would be her debut major acting role. She was then nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless 1993). (She lost to Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). Early in my career, my Latin community was responsible for my most of the negative feedback I received. I remember being taken out for lunch and saying to me "Can you take lessons to help you tone down your accent?" Or, "When you're on a talk show, could you not be less hilarious and loud?". My voice was a constant source of criticism. I attempted to alter it. I tried to alter my voice however, it was just the way I spoke. Thanks to God, my octaves decreased as aged. Now I find it flattering if a sixteen-year-old comes up and imitates me.Boxing is about conquering your fears. It's about being confident. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. Straight punch right in the middle of his face. Floyd Mayweather wouldn't blink. And I'm sure of what he's doing. [Who spoke about Don Cornelius watching her dancingThen he said: Don Cornelius didn't want to watch me dance. I was dancing hip hop which was a new concept to Californians. They had no idea about hip-hop dancing, and only knew about locking and popping. Don was just like "No I'm not going to. You're a girl." I was like, "What? It's really bizarre. This is really weird.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magda Apanowicz

Mary McDonnell

Jamie Colby